Frequently Asked Questions
- How does a cardholder get started?
- What are the Benefits to the TransCash™ Cardholders?
- Do I need a bank account to get this card?
- Could my application be turned down?
- If I apply for a TransCash Card™, will there be a credit inquiry?
- What paperwork do I need to register with TransCash?
- Can the primary card be issued to someone living outside the United States?
- Can I purchase the card for someone else?
- How does a cardholder register a PIN?
- How soon can I change the PIN# on my card from the one originally issued to me?
- Where can the TransCash Card™ be used?
- How can I find out how much money is on the card?
- Can the "TransCash Card™" be used to receive payroll from my employer?
- How can I add more money to the card?
- How can I pay bills using the TransCash Card™?
- Can I purchase gas with the TransCash Card™?
- How can I withdraw cash using my card?
- How much money can I get with "cash-back"?
- What are "ATM" surcharge fees?
- How can I access my account information via phone?
- If I use my cell phone to check the balance of my card on a regular basis, is there a risk that someone who finds or steals my cell phone would be able to access and use my card?
- How do I create a new online account to access my TransCash Visa Prepaid Debit Card?
- I forgot my password for my Online Account and my account is locked. What can I do?
- How do I contact customer service?
CARD LOST OR STOLEN
- Could someone else take money from my card without my permission?
- How do I report a lost or stolen card?
- If I lose my "TransCash Card™", is my loss limited?
TIPS FOR CARD USAGE
When you receive your card, you can activate the TransCash Card at http://www.transcash.com by following the instructions on the "Activate" page. Or, you can call the toll-free number on the back of the card (1.800.770.8861) to activate your card and register your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- No bank account needed.
- No credit check.
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) insures security.
- Faster access to funds from ATMs worldwide.
- Use your card anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted worldwide.
- Accepted at over 1 million merchants in the United States and at thousands of ATM s around the world.
- Maintain and re-establish good financial habits.
- Cardholders' funds are insured by the FDIC in accordance with the FDIC's applicable terms and conditions.
No bank account is required.
No! If you are over eighteen (18) years of age with a valid U.S. address and a valid government issued ID you can apply for a TransCash Card™.
Before you register, please have the proper identification paperwork ready. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. Accordingly, we are obligated to ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to properly identify you. Further, you need to affirm that you are 18 years of age or older. You will also need to provide a Social Security Number (SNN), or in the absence of a SSN, TransCash will accept one of the following replacements:
- Valid US Visa for work or study,
- INS approved Green Card,
- Mexican Matricula,
- US issued tax identification number (TIN) except for online orders,
- Government issued ID/Passport (US or non US)
No, we can only issue the card to those with addresses in the United States. Please visit http://www.transcash.com/select-your-country.html to see if TransCash is available in your country.
No, you cannot purchase a TransCash Card™ for someone else. However you can purchase the pack for yourself and give the Red card to one of your family members to enjoy the Money Sharing benefits.
When activating your card for the first time, the automated voice system generates a PIN number and speaks it to you. You can change the PIN (first PIN change free) at the time of activation or at a later time. To do so, please call the toll-free number (1.866.466.8093 or 1.800.770.8861), and follow the directions. When asked, enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice.
You can change the PIN (first PIN change included in the monthly fee) immediately. Just call our toll-free number (at 1.866.466.8093 or 1.800.770.8861) and follow the recorded instructions. Your new PIN will be in effect immediately.
You can use your TransCash Visa® Prepaid Debit Card anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted worldwide, both online and in stores. You may also withdraw cash at nearly 1 million ATM terminals accepting Visa Debit cards or with POS Purchases plus CASH BACK offered by many retail stores to save you money from ATMs. You can make purchases at over 1 million merchants that accept debit cards.
You are able to check your balance in four ways:
- Online by logging into your TransCash online card account - this is at no cost and your best alternative.
- By calling the IVR which is our automated system 1.866.466.8093.
- By calling customer service at 1.800.770.8861 during business hours - also at no cost.
- Seeking an ATM and select "Balance Inquiry" (a fee may apply).
Yes, your card can receive at no cost deposit from your employer or from the government. It's similar to direct deposit into a bank account. The cardholder is given a Direct Deposit form in the TransCash pack with a bank account and routing number. (We recommend that you keep a copy of the numbers for yourself). The cardholder is also able to get Direct Deposit information by logging online and clicking on the "Direct Deposit Information" link from the "Account Activities" drop-down. Or this information can be given by our customer service representative at 1.800.770.8861 during business hours. The cardholder will need to print this information and give it to their employer. This information may also be used for other family members or friends that would like to send funds to the card through an ACH transfer (Please note that wires are not accepted).
You can add value to the card via: Visa ReadyLink, MoneyGram™, PayPal™, Google Checkout™, Amazon™ or similar payment system that can be linked to your TransCash Visa Prepaid Debit Card. Receive Direct Deposits of payroll or of benefits checks from your employer, insurance provider or governmental agency. Click on the "Add Money" link of our website to learn more about your loading options.
If you have available funds on your card, you can pay your rent, your utility bill or any other bill by logging into your online account and selecting "Bill Pay" from the "Account Activities" drop-down. Setup your Bill Pay service, Add your payees and TransCash will mail a check on your behalf (The check can take up to 4 business days to be delivered to your payee. Do not wait until the last minute to pay your bills online).
Yes, you can. However, because of the way their system is designed. Some service stations may reject the transaction unless you have an amount greater than the pre-authorization amount available on your card. Paying at the pump may cause a pre-authorizing hold of up to $50-$100 on your card for up to 24 hours. Avoid pre-authorization charges by paying at the register for your gas.
The most convenient and economical way to access your money is by requesting cash-back with your purchase at participating retail locations such as supermarkets and convenient stores in the United States only. You can also get cash at any ATMs that accept Visa Debit card worldwide.
Cash back amounts are set by the stores offering the service. The average amounts offered range from $20.00 to $200.00. Frequently these amounts are posted near the PIN pad. Grocery stores tend to offer larger amounts. There is no additional fee for receiving cash back.
Surcharge fees are charges by the owner of the ATM and are separate from the transaction fees related to the use of your Card. If an ATM surcharge is assessed, you will be asked if you agree to pay the fee. If you do not agree to pay the fee, you can cancel the transaction and no fee will be charged. ATM surcharge fees vary widely depending on the ATM owner but usually range from $1.00 to $3.00.Making purchase with your TransCash card does not incur additional fees, use your TransCash Visa Prepaid Debit card for Purchases instead.
Call the toll-free number on the back of your card (1.866.466.8093 or 1.800.770.8861). You will be prompted for your card number and a 4-digit security code.
If I use my cell phone to check the balance of my card on a regular basis, is there a risk that someone who finds or steals my cell phone would be able to access and use my card?
No. Even if your cell phone falls in the wrong hands after you have stored and bookmarked in your phone the URL to access your card account, the phone will only enable someone to reach the login page, where the username and password are requested to go any further. Your password SHOULD NEVER be stored in the phone.
You can go directly to http://www.transcash.com or click on the Login menu from the TransCash website. Once you are directed to the MyAccount site, click on the "Create Your New Account" link under the Login box and follow the instructions. You will be asked for your personal information. Make sure to provide the exact information you gave to register your card. If you do not answer correctly, you will not be able to register for an online account. To set up your Online Account, you can call our customer service for help at 1.800.770.8861 during our regular business hours.
If you forget your password and try to access your account with a wrong password more than 3 times, your account will lock automatically. In this case you have 2 options.
- Wait 24 hours for your password to unlock automatically.
- Click on the "Forgot your Username or Password" link under the Login button of the MyAccount page and follow the instructions.
For information or comments about your TransCash Visa Prepaid Debit Card, please contact our customer service toll-free at 1.800.770.8861. Our Customer Service Help Desk hours are Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM PST, excluding holidays. 24/7 Customer Service is available for reporting lost or stolen cards at 1.866.466.8093.
Or by mail:
1801 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1444
Century City, CA 90067
CARD LOST OR STOLEN
No. Keep your PIN safe, and NEVER write your PIN on the card. Call our toll-free number (at 1.866.466.8093 or 1.800.770.8861) immediately if you think your card was lost or stolen.
Call our toll-free number at 1.866.466.8093 or 1.800.770.8861. You can also find this number on the back of your TransCash Card™. Your account number will be canceled immediately once you have reported the loss or theft, so be sure to report it as soon as you notice that the card is gone. You will not be able to use this TransCash Card™ again. A new card will be issued to you right away.
We will cancel your card as soon as you tell us that your card is missing. You will have no risk of loss after that time. The value of any purchases made with the card before you report its loss or theft cannot be refunded. No one can withdraw money from an ATM without using your Personal Identification (PIN) number.
TIPS FOR CARD USAGE
The TransCash Visa Prepaid Debit Card has lower fees than other prepaid cards. The majority of these fees can be limited by: - checking your balance online, loading funds from an employer or from a checking account and making sure you always have available funds on your card. TransCash has effectively structured a monthly service fee, where if you are smart about your TransCash Card usage, you will seldom pay more than the monthly service fee of $9.99. To do that, TransCash provides these helpful usage hints to its cardholders:
- ATM USAGE: Be Smart! If you need cash, go to stores that allow you to purchase nominal items and which allow you to use the CASH BACK option with each purchase. For example, the automated checkout scanners at Home Depot allow you to purchase a small item that you need and then prompt you to access up to $50 in CASH BACK services,included in your monthly fees.
- DO NOT USE CHECK CASHING SERVICES: Check cashers charge between 2% to 20% for cashing your check. If you receive a payroll check, you can ask your employer to DIRECT DEPOSIT your check into your TransCash Card every payday. This function, included in your monthly fees, allows you to have 100% of your hard earned payroll deposited into your card. Your employer will also appreciate it as it is less costly than a check and minimizes the risk of lost or stolen checks in the mail.
- DO NOT USE MONEY WIRE SERVICES: Transferring funds to your family and relatives can also cost you up to 15% in transfer fees. Purchasing the TransCash Dual Card package enables you to share money with family members, friends or relatives at any time. You can send money as many times as you want - all within the monthly membership cost of $9.99. Money transfers are instantaneous. With the push of your telephone or computer keys, your relative will instantly receive cash at the other end 24/7 on their Red card. There will be no waiting in long lines and you will not have to worry about them carrying large sums of money. With their recipient Red card, they will be able to shop and access money wherever Visa® cards are accepted worldwide.
- SAVE MONEY ON BILL PAYING: Paying bills can be time consuming and expensive. With TransCash, you can pay your bills online by accessing a computer at home, at friends or public facilities such as libraries. Instead of paying $1.50 to $2.50 per bill at bill payer kiosks, TransCash allows you to pay bills for 95 cents ($0.95) - a substantial savings over other services.
- DO NOT PURCHASE GAS AT THE PUMP: Go to the cashier and tell them exactly how much gas you wish to buy. Paying at the pump may cause a pre-authorizing hold of up to $50-$100 on your card for up to 24 hours.
- ASK CAR RENTAL AGENCIES, HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS HOW MUCH THEY WILL HOLD ON YOUR CARD FOR OVERAGES: Financial transactions at certain types of merchants, such as restaurants, gas stations, rental cars, hotels, and mail order retailers may authorize an estimated amount which can differ from the settled amount. The payment settlement may differ over a billing cycle potentially using more of your cash until settled.
- Smart adherence to such helpful hints can save close to a thousand dollars a year in unnecessary fees and expenses. Be a SMART CONSUMER and avoid those expenses with your TransCash Card.
- For a full breakdown of the fees associated with the TransCash Card, please see attached TransCash Terms & Conditions document.
The procedure to close your card is to contact TransCash Customer Service at 1.800.770.8861 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and request that the card be closed. We will retain any funds under the $4.50 card account closure fee. We will send you a check with any remaining balances.